Saturday, July 14, 2012

This blog displays my translations of Russian poetry usually qualified as "modernistic" either by stylistic or social criteria. The project was launched about a decade ago, when I decided to update the titanic anthology of Joris and Rothenberg Poems for the Millennium: The University of California Book of Modern & Postmodern Poetry, (University of California Press) in its Russian Department. Since then, I proceeded in fits and starts encumbered by the loss of many computers. Yet, I keep recovering disparate notes, which I will post on this site.
The author is not a professional translator (see my parallel oldpossumsbookreview) and I will be glad if others take shot at translating these important works of art. All the translations and explanations unless otherwise noted belong to the author (A. S. Bliokh). Under the "creative commons" concept they can be used for non-profit purposes if adequately referenced to the author.


Note: I presume that the Russian original texts posted on this site are covered by the "fair use" doctrine for they are posted exclusively for comparison with my translation for bilingual readers. 

2 comments:

  1. Excellent blog! The details you offer is silent beneficial, why I was not able to find it previously. Anyways I’ve decided upon your for, keep the fantastic work up.

    Russian translation

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am sorry, this comment was obviously garbled by automatic and unwarranted English-Russian translation. I was not aware of this feature and don't know how to switch it back.

      Delete